Congratulations and welcome to Monash University. Your first step is to decide whether to accept your offer, then complete the steps to enrol or defer. This must be done by the end of the VTAC enrolment week or as advised in your offer letter (non-VTAC), or your offer will lapse.
Accept an offer
You accept your offer by completing all the enrolment steps.
Go to Step 2: Create your computer account.
Accept a later offer
To take up a later or supplementary offer in a different course, you must discontinue the course you are enrolled in. Use WES or submit a course discontinuation form (pdf 42kb). You must do this before the census date or you will be charged for both courses.
Apply to defer
When deferring your offer, you are guaranteed your place but are choosing to delay starting your course. The University allows you to defer your course for up to 12 months. In certain cases (eg. financial difficulties, compulsory military service), you can apply to extend this to 24 months. There is no cost to defer and you will not be charged any fees while you are on deferment.
You must defer your offer by the enrolment date in your offer letter. Some faculties may allow you to defer your course up until census date. For details, contact your faculty. Monash may not approve or give credit for other study while you are on deferment.
- create a Monash computer account (see Step 2)
- login to WES
- click Apply for course deferment
- check your details and eligibility for deferment and choose your Deferment return date
- keep your confirmation of deferment.
Or post a deferment application (pdf 72kb) to your faculty office before your enrolment date.
What happens next?
- We will email your Monash student account with more information. It's important you check this account regularly for updates from the University.
- Your faculty will send you a letter at least three months before you return to study, confirming your offer for the following semester. This letter will tell you how to enrol or extend your deferment.
- Monash Gap Year will email you about services and assistance available during your deferment.
Enrolling after a deferral
We will contact you to enrol, so keep your postal address up to date in WES. You will need to complete enrolment steps 3 to 7 as though you are a new student.
Reject an offer
No action is required.
If accepting or deferring your offer, go to Step 2: Create your computer account