Double degree students:
- study two single degrees at the same time
- complete both in less time than if doing them separately (usually 1–2 years less)
- benefit from cross-crediting elective units (electives in one course may count for the other)
- contact the course managing faculty for administrative matters
- must meet the requirements for both single degrees as specified in the Handbook.
Managing and course award faculty
Each degree is an award of one of the faculties. For example, a BA is an award of the Faculty of Arts. This is called the course award faculty.
For a double degree, there is:
- one course code
- one course award faculty appointed as the managing faculty.
See the list of managing faculties for double degrees.
Who to contact
Use the table to find out:
- who to see for various administrative matters
- where to submit applications.
|Query||Faculty to contact||Details|
|Course information/outlines||Managing||The managing faculty publishes course information in the University Handbook|
|General course advice||Managing||Ask the managing faculty first. They may refer you to the course award faculty for more specific academic advice|
|Specific course advice||Course award||For:
|Credit/Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)||Managing||Submit your application to the managing faculty|
|Course completion||Course award||To confirm if you are meeting all of the requirements for one course, contact the course award faculty|
|Complementary study||Course award||See the course award faculty where the units will be credited|
|Graduation||The Graduations Unit manages all degree ceremonies. Applications are made online. See graduation information for double degree students|
|Invalid units||Course award||See the faculty that teaches the unit|
|Re-enrolment||Managing||You must re-enrol in all units for your double degree by the closing date for the managing faculty|
|Refunds and remission of debt||Managing|
|In-semester special consideration||Unit teaching||Submit one copy of the application with supporting documentation. For more information, see special consideration|
|End of semester special consideration||Managing||Submit one copy of the application with supporting documentation|
|Study abroad and exchange||Managing||You will also need to see the course award faculty|
|Unit results||Unit teaching||For unit results|
|Course award||For supplementary and deferred exam results|