Many students must complete a work placement as part of their course. This helps them gain valuable work experience and credit towards their degree.
Any work placement that is course-related and assessed by the University can be described as Work-Integrated Learning (WIL). Students from a diverse range of disciplines require placements that generally commence at the start of each semester.
By contacting us, we can help you to:
- access Monash University's 10 faculties
- match job skill requirements with course skills.
Benefits of hosting
Hosting a student in your workplace, or providing an off-site project, can provide your organisation with:
- new project development, ideas and perspectives
- savings on recruitment costs
- staff development opportunities for employees to mentor students
- off-site supervision by Monash staff
- networking opportunities with Monash faculties and Employment and Career Development.
Courses with placements
- Arts (journalism, languages, politics, public relations).
- Business and economics (accounting, economics, human resources, marketing).
- Engineering (chemical, civil, electrical, materials, mechanical).
- Environmental sustainability (arts and science courses).
- Health promotion.
- Information technology.
- Occupational therapy.
- Pharmacy/Pharmaceutical science.
- Science (biology, chemistry, mathematics).
- Social work.
Contact for enquiries