As Vice-Provost (Graduate Education), Professor Zlatko Skrbis is responsible for:
- Monash University Institute of Graduate Research, which administers the University's doctoral programs including the new Monash PhD, MPhil and research masters degrees, postgraduate research scholarships and research training activities
- enhancing recruitment and the quality of graduate research candidates
- oversight of early career research university-wide initiatives
- the development of innovative training activities
- establishment of research training quality measures.
Professor Skrbis has an established international reputation in graduate research training. Before joining Monash, he was Dean of The University of Queenslands Graduate School and was involved in University of Queensland research training initiatives in China, the European Union, Indonesia and Latin America.
He is the immediate past convener of the Universities Australia Council of Deans and Directors of Graduate Research. Professor Skrbis has an extensive portfolio of past professional leadership involvement nationally and internationally including Professorial Fellowships at The University of Warwick (2008) and The University of Manchester (2010). He is an Honorary Monash-Warwick Professor and holds an Honorary Professorship in Sociology at the University of Queensland.
Professor Skrbis is a sociologist and has a distinguished international research profile. He is renowned for his work in the fields of migration, cosmopolitanism, social theory and life-course studies.
Professor Skrbis holds undergraduate degrees in philosophy and sociology of culture from the University of Ljubljana and a PhD in sociology from Flinders University in South Australia.
Mr Chiat Lim
Building 3b, Room 107
Telephone: +61 3 9902 0214